Quotes Made by Some Very Bright Women

1. I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb... and I also know that I’m not blonde. -Dolly Parton

2. You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy. -Erica Jong

3. I want to have children, but my friends scare me. One of my friends told me she was in labor for 36 hours.
I don’t even want to do anything that feels good for 36 hours. -Rita Rudner

4. My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child.
We can’t decide whether to ruin our carpet or ruin our lives. -Rita Rudner

5. I’ve been on so many blind dates, I should get a free dog. -Wendy Liebman

6. Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth. -Erma Bombeck

7. If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing ‘em. -Sue Grafton

8. I’m not going to vacuum ‘til Sears makes one you can ride on. -Roseanne Barr

9. I think, therefore I’m single. -Lizz Winstead

10. When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. -Elayne Boosler

11. Behind every successful man is a surprised woman. -Maryon Pearson

12. I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn’t itch. -Gilda Radner

13. In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman. -Margaret Thatcher

14. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career. -Gloria Steinem

15. Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry. -Gloria Steinem

16. I never married because there was no need.
I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband.
I have a dog which growls every morning,
a parrot which swears all afternoon
and a cat that comes home late at night. -Marie Corelli

17. Nagging is the repetition of unpalatable truths. -Baroness Edith Summerskill

18. If men can run the world, why can’t they stop wearing neckties?
 How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck? -Linda Ellerbee

19. I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa Gabor